Townsville Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
Corporation for Women Commonwealth Home Support Program
Many Rivers to Cross...
Be respectful and courteous towards staffs, clients, carers and their guests.
Light lunch will be supplied at the activities coordinated from the fixed address;
Clients will be informed by the coordinator if they’re required to bring along their own lunch/drinks for activities/excursions away from centre;
Client/carers are encouraged to participate in group activities/program as organised by the coordinator;
Guests of client/carers are welcome to attend in-house CBDC however, they must supply own food/drink or payfees as determined by the Coordinator;
Fees will be charged for activities/excursions away from the fixed address;
All activities/excursions and other functions by invitation will only be extended to TATSICW client and carer;
Transport service will only be provided to clients/carers attending CBDC activities;
Fees may apply to attend/participate in some activities;
How you can assist us!
1. Consider asking family/friend to transport you to planned activity/event;
2. Offer fuel assistance to consumer/s who may be attending same event;
3. Share costs of cabs; (even cheaper if you know of a consumer/s who has subsidised cab vouchers)
4. Utelise public transport service.
5. Please be ready for pick up (advise as early as possible if you wish to cancel transport service);
6. Clients/carers are encouraged to bring their own materials if they wish to sell or keep what they’ve made;
7. Maintain your independence; do not wait to be served if you’re capable of doingit for yourself.
Support Service's Staff WILL NOT tolerate abusive behaviour or unbecoming conduct shown towards staffs, client, carers or their guests;
Arts & crafts materials made with materials supplied by TATSICW will remain the property of TATSICW;
Utensils/equipment will not be loaned to client/carers to take home;
Transport will not return to client/carer address if you’re not ready at time of pick up;
All functions/activities planned or by invitation to attend are only for the eligible client/carer to attend;
Note: The decision with determining who (client/carers) attend the away from centre and or other specific functions will be left to the discretion of the Coordinator Social Supports Group Activities.
Do's and Don'ts of Center-based Day Care (CBDC)
Centre Base Day Care Service Definition: Refers to attendance/participation in structured group activities to develop, maintain or support the capacity for independent living and social interaction which are conducted in, or from, a centre based setting. Also includes group excursion/activities conducted by staff but held away from the fixed centre. Be respectful and courteous towards staffs, clients, carers and their guests.