top of page

Let's Talk


You can lodge a complaint by calling us, coming into the centre or go to the Forms page on this website and download a Complaint Form to fill in to send, email, fax or drop into our offices. You can also send contact us online using the link at the end of the page.

Contact Us Online

You can send us a message using our online contact form and we will contact you and follow up your complaint.

As a client or carer of a client, you have the right to complain. If you choose to exercise your right, it will not affect your eligibility for services. 


If you’re receiving Commonwealth Home Support Program services from us, and there’s something you’re not happy about, please let us know.

If you are unhappy about the way you’ve been treated, any decisions we’ve made, or any of our policies, procedures or services then we’d like to hear from you.


Who do I complain to?

Any staff member can take your complaint, but usually they will refer you to the Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer coordinates the CHSP service, so they are responsible for addressing any complaints about CHSP services or staff.


If your complaint is against the Chief Executive Officer, you can complain directly to the Board of Directors.


What will happen with my complaint?
For minor matters, the Chief Executive Officer might be able to work out an immediate solution that suits you. More serious complaints can take time to resolve. If the issue cannot be resolved immediately, you will be sent a letter, and the organisation will resolve the matter within 21 days.


If your complaint involves a staff or committee member, the person involved will be advised of the complaint. they will be asked to give their explanation.


Complaints will either be investigated by the Chief Executive Officer or the Management Committee, depending on the nature of the complaint. Your privacy will be protected throughout the investigation process.  All complaints are taken seriously, and are registered on the Complaints Register. Access to this Register is restricted, and the matter will be treated in strict confidence. 


Can someone support me to lodge a complaint?

Yes – you have the right to choose a support person or advocate to support you in all matters relating to your complaint. The Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Women keeps information on advocacy services, including a list of agencies who might be able to help. Please ask us if you want more information on using an advocate. 


Information about Complaints

bottom of page